Thursday, August 30, 2012

Play to Write- Week 3

We participating in a Wednesday Play Group called Play to Write over at Cherrios and Lattes. This is week 3- Write/Spell Your Name. 
We started this week's practice with some name tracing. Cherrios and Lattes provides the printable for some dotted letters. She suggested doing rainbow writing with this sheet. I showed Jacob but he was more interested in writing all the Jacobs. I started by modeling on the first name. Then I held his hand and we did it together. Finally I let him do the last three on his own with only my verbal prompts. 
He took this very seriously and was very proud of himself! I was surprised at how much he liked doing this activity. He has a long way to go but he did pretty well! One thing I had to repeat was not to go around the o and a more than once. He wanted to go around and around. This is an activity that I think he will want to do again!
The next activity was Missing Letter Name Practice. We started by singing a little song I sing for Jake to teach him how to spell his name.
There was a boy that Mama loved and Jacob was his name O,
J, A, C, O, B
J, A, C, O, B
J, A, C, O, B
And Jacob was his name O!
We sung the song as we completed the activity. He needed a lot of prompting but was able to complete the activity. I think he will do better next time. We will try the activity again and practice this weekly. He enjoys activities that involve his name. 
Looking better! I am proud! His Js are his favorite! 





1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! He did awesome! I love that you are sharing all the ideas! :) Big Brother loves writing his J's too! :)
    Thanks again for participating!
    Mackenzie
    cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter